Secluded Ocean- Side, Resort Style Estate
Whale Watch from your own backyard!
This exceptionally private sanctuary sprawls over more than 1400 sq metres of ocean-fringing land and incorporates two spacious, light- filled, contemporary dwellings embraced by lush tropical gardens.
A sense of glamour and grandeur is imparted by the very high ceilings, generous proportions and expansive glass that opens up to treetops, an abundance of birdlife and outstretched, lofty views.
An abundance of outdoor living areas and sensual details – think natural stone and hardwood flooring underfoot, heritage accent timbers, sandstone outcrops dotted throughout the property – along with luxurious touches such as full marble bathrooms create a feeling akin to inhabiting one’s own private resort.
The residences have been designed to coax the ocean breeze, fragrant gardens and panoramic views of Kuringhai National Park and glimpse of Pittwater.
The very versatile layout creates scope for multigenerational living, home + income, guest accommodation, or a retreat that features on –trend spaces such as large home offices, yoga/ reading library rooms.
The tucked- away beauty of Whale Beach, Avalon Beach and Pittwater are a scenic, short walk away and the spectacular Bangalley Headland walk is literally on the doorstep.
Enjoy the evening percussion of crashing waves from both Whale Beach and Avalon Beach along with the hooting of owls; awake to parrots and kookaburras.
- Entered through a rainforest – like courtyard
- Each room opens onto treetops and gardens, thanks to oversized windows and sliding doors that unfurl onto a multitude of decks.
- The streamlined kitchen hides an abundance of storage and is anchored by a large island with a benchtop made from honey- hued recycled timbers from the historic Balmoral wharf. Watch the sunset over Kuringhai Chase National Park and the birds flying by as you prepare dinner.
- Featuring 3-4 large bedrooms- with the master bedroom upstairs opening onto a vast deck and outstretched views and the sea- mist that wafts through of an evening–currently configured to include a spacious office and a transparent library/ reading room upstairs.
- The office features extensive shelving and opens onto yet another deck and a cheese- tree that attracts dozens of lorikeets each afternoon
- Tucked up next to a sandstone wall at the rear of the house is an outdoor living room defined by a large inbuilt daybed – this ‘cool’ zone is perfect for napping or just chilling out on a hot summers day
- 2 full marble bathrooms compliment the nature that surrounds them; downstairs Carrara marble relates to the surround of stone, upstairs a forest - green marble references tropical foliage just beyond the rear deck.
Residence at Rear of property:
- Perched up high on Bangalley Headland, the feeling is that of floating above the clouds and indeed, on some days low lying clouds waft straight past
- This residence is comprised of two open – to- the bush – pavilions, each wrapped by large decks and cabbage- tree palms and each bringing the outside in by way of large sliding doors.
- Spectacular, big- sky sunset views from the kitchen / living area and bathroom
- Featuring 2 large bedrooms; alternatively the rear pavilion also is an evocative space for yoga, music, creative pursuits or work.
- The rear pavilion is situated directly above a cave in the cliff – when the seas are vivid, you can feel waves hitting the roof of the cave
- Features thermally - responsive materials and design
- A short walk up the cliff stuns with spectacular views that stretch all the way to the Central Coast; to the south, city views twinkle in the twilight